Happy Monday friends. We went to a baby shower last weekend and it got me thinking of so much.
The amount of products that come to the market seems endless. Now that my son is four so many products have come out that we didn’t have access to or knew about the first time around. I have a better idea of things I do want for the next baby. When that time comes.
I will say I was so grateful for my first baby shower. We rented out a hall and had a huge party. My husband and I got over six months worth of diapers and the other essentials. We were set for a while. I’m sure we won’t get that lucky so knowing exactly what you need is definitely what you need.
One thing I suggest is purchasing from the registry. Normally stores leave them active for about a year. That way you will know what else you need after the baby. Plus you won’t get duplicate items. I got the same bouncer 3x at my shower. At almost 8.5 months you don’t really want to be exchanging items.
We’re heading out to a baby shower tomorrow and picking out a gift from the registry was easy. You can never be fully prepared with everything you need but for the most part you want the essentials. It’s the easiest way to buy a gift.
This post contains affiliate links and referral codes. If you shop from my blog, I may be compensated for clicks or purchases that you make. Read my disclaimer page for more information.
One thing if you are pregnant you NEED to start a registry on create a registry on Amazon
Here’s some new and old items I suggest when shopping for a new baby.
- Dockatot: A portable sleeper you can honestly take anywhere. You can even keep it in the crib with you if you really wanted to. I wish I knew about these when A was smaller. He and I would’ve loved them. Definitely a must for the next one.
- Humidifier: These are golden. Not only for baby but for mama too. I loved using this for myself and A. Even now. Cool mist is the way to go.
- Rocking Bassinet: Not like the other bassinets you normally would see around. This one is so portable and you can move it anywhere. The best part is, it rocks which is what you need for a new baby.
- Fisher Price Bath: These are the best baths around. For my shower I received one as a gift with bath essentials which lasts just about a year. You can’t go wrong.
- Baby Trend EZ Ride: love the ease of the three wheels instead of being on all four wheels. Plus if your a jogger or are in a mommy group that exercises these totally work out.
- Digital Baby Monitor: These are the best. When you can actually can see them from afar. It makes things so much better. Instead of walking in on them during naptime thinking they are awake when they are just moving around. Mom fail I know.
- SwaddleMe Sleeper: We co slept. A was such a cranky baby so it was something we just did. This would’ve come in handy if we would’ve had.
- Burp Cloths: You honestly can’t live without these during the first year. In between the spit up, throw up, feedings and more.
- Pampers: Always the best essential for any mama to be.