This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something. Please check out our disclosure policy for more details.
Toddler holiday travel items are a must when preparing for any type of travelling throughout the year.
I’ve put together our top 10 toddler approved travel items with as a Haute mom. In recognition of THM’s last post. This time of year is travel galore. If you didn’t know we’re going to DISNEY WORLD. Mind you I’m a twenty something year old wife who has been to Florida and Disney World two times already. I have only been to Magic Kingdom so this time we are doing four parks. There’s just something about going to Disney when your children are little. The excitement a parent has. Seeing the look on your child’s face in indescribable. I went through something similar while visiting Thomasland in Edvaville, Ma last Summer. Once we went to dinosaur land it was a wrap.
Since my son is an only child we try to do so many things with him. Once we expand our family it will be harder to travel with a couple of kids under 10. Especially, when it comes to flying.
I’m not saying this because I’m his mom but I have one smart child. He remembers things I would never have though a three-year old would look back on. Especially at those times you’ll try to disregard what your child is saying so you don’t have to go through a full-blown tantrum. Nope off to preschool he goes. Then once he gets home it’s the same thing. Can I ever win.
Below I have listed THM’s top ten toddler approved items you can’t forget.
- Fire Kids Edition Tablet: I got one for my son when he turned three and he loved it. First off this tablet comes with a drop proof case. I can’t tell you how many times he’s dropped this thing. Secondly, it comes with a two-year guarantee. Having a toddler can mean accidents. It also comes with Amazon Free time. Basically you cater the content to their age. The best part it’s mostly education wise. When you set it up you do need to create your own profile. Which this also works. Once they age out of using the Free Time it turns into a regular tablet under their profile. You can even time Free time which is great. We did only get the 16GB. I suggest either purchasing an SD card to insert for more space or purchase one with more GB.
- Minion Headphones: My house will always Minion Mayhem. My son was 1 1/2 when he started to obsess over them. These go great with the Kindle Fire.
- Dinosaur ABC Coloring Book: This is the neatest book. In our dinosaur gift guide post I had talked about my son knowing almost every kind of dinosaur. This coloring book can definitely help him out.
- Washable Crayons: You don’t want to have the freak accident the one time your toddler decides to color on something other than paper it’s not at home.
- Twistable Crayons: Crayons aren’t for everyone. In our household or even around dinnertime at a restaurant crayons get broken intentionally within the first five minutes. My son hasn’t figured out these are crayons yet so its a win for us.
- Pampers Easy Ups: If your toddler isn’t potty trained you can’t forget these.
- Huggies Clutch: Of course you need wipes if you’re using any type of diaper or pull ups. I will say I love the huggies clutch. Its super compact so I always throw it in my purse.
- Dino Neck Pillow: There’s about nine different characters but Rex is Avery’s favorite.
- Amazon Gift Card: If you are taking a tablet or Ipad along with you my best bet is you don’t want to pay for those movies on a plane or kids fighting over what movie to watch. Purchase a gift card and just rent a few movies from the Kindle store. The Kindle app works great on Ipad’s too.
- Throw Blanket: Even though were going to FL you never know how it will be like on the airplane.