Hispanic Heritage Month is just about a month away.
Even if you're not Hispanic it's so great to learn about the culture. I decided to kick it off early. With so much frozen chicken breast in the freezer I needed to whip something up quick and easy. I've always loved chicken so its natural I bring some of my heritage into my home.
This is a quick and easy recipe for busy working and non working moms who will be running around this Fall season with their kiddos. A loves rice so this recipe was a hit with him. He'll be starting hockey. Yes even at four so this will be a great recipe to start off with.
- 1 tomato cut up
- 1 onion cut up
- 1/2 cup of fresh or bottled cilantro
- 1/2 cup of Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 cup of Jasmine rice
- 1 lb or more of chicken breast
- 1 can of pinto beans
- 3/4 of shredded cheese: your choice
- 1 avocado chopped up
- Combine tomatoes, onions, peppers, 1/4 cup cilantro and 2 Tbsp. dressing.
- Cook rice as desired
- Add in 1/4 cup of dressing
- Heat rest of dressing in skillet and cook chicken
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until cooked
- Cook beans separately or together with chicken
- Add cilantro to rice
- Spoon in tomatoes, onions, cheese and avocados